Healthy Heart Recipes
Heart Super Boasta
Oven-Baked Salmon and Walnut Salad
This recipe contains both DHA omega-3 as well as ALA omega 3 a powerful combination to help maintain normal blood cholesterol levels, keep arteries supple and help prevent arterial plaque build up, all important to keep our hearts in good health.
1 large fillet of salmon (about 350g)
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoon of dill weed
4 storks of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of canola oil
1 bag of mixed herb leaf salad
1 large hand full of walnuts, roughly chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 hand full of sultanas
1 stick of celery chopped
2 tablespoon of low fat mayonnaise
1. Pre heat oven to 200oC.
2. Place fish on 2 layers of aluminum foil in an oven proof dish.
3. Add the garlic, dill, parsley, black pepper and canola oil to the fish.
4. Wrap the fish up in the 2 layers of foil to prevent moisture loss.
5. Cook fish until for 15-20 minutes until cooked thru. To check, unwrap fish and if flesh falls apart when you put a fork into it, it is cooked.
6. Combine salad ingredients.
7. Serve half the salmon for each person on a large serve of salad with a wedge of lemon.
As a dietitian, I endorse and support the work and advice given by the Heart Foundation. You can support them too by donating, on their website.