Gluten Free Reicpes
Gluten Free Cherry Cakes
250 g Canola margarine
250 g Caster sugar
375g Gluten free flour
4 g Gluten free baking powder
80 mL of Skim milk
2 mL Vanilla essence
65g Glace cherries, finely chopped. Leave 12 cherries halved to place on top of cakes.
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder 2-3 times onto a piece of paper.
2. In a mixing bowl beat the margarine and sugar together to create a fluffy mixture. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each. Add the vanilla essence.
3. Mix in one quarter of the flour mix, then the milk slowly while beating. Fold the remainder of the flour mix.
4. Mix until the batter is clear of flour grains, then mix in the cherries.
5. Place the mixture in a piping bag with a 10mm plain tube and half fill 24 paper pastry cases 50mm in diameter.
6. Place the cakes on a baking sheet 20mm apart and put half a cherry on each one. Bake on top shelf of a 190 C oven for 15-18 minutes until light golden brown and the center of the surface is just firm to tough. Cool on a wire grill.
Gluten Free Bread Mixtures
All 3 mixtures make 3 x 175g rolls
170 g Basco Gluten Free Bread Mix
75 mL Milk
50 mL Water
170 g Healtheries Gluten Free Baking Mix
125 mL Water
200 g Pinnacle Gluten Free Bread Mix
100 mL Milk
100 mL Water
Method for all types:
1. Combine ingredients and beat well on bread maker for 3 minutes or by hand for 5 minutes.
2. Spread into 3 greased and cornfloured 9cm foil containers, leave to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Bake in 200 C oven 20-30 minutes until dry in center and golden brown on top.
Savory Gluten Free Rolls
Top with grated cheddar cheese, spring onion rings or Bacon and sesame seeds before resting.
Beat in mixed dried fruit and mixed peel, mix spice and caster sugar prior to spreading in foil containers.
For more healthy recipes
or for specific advice on living with coeliac disease